Thursday 28 November 2013

Ring Me!!

Finally, after a number of years...Jupiter lined up with Sagittarius, the humidity went over 65%,  I wore my lucky boxers and finally................I went ringing birds!!


Me ringing a Chestnut-vented Titbabbler

Birdlife Zimbabwe brought a ringing course to my very doorstep and boy did I have fun.
I have wanted to ring birds for as long as i have been a birder, i missed a chance to cannon-net ducks in Hampshire because i had a double shift in the college canteen. Zimbabwe is short of qualified ringers these days and this was the beginning of a new push to get some more of us our there and tagging birds.
 
A White-browed sparrow weaver dressed up and looking to go out!!

A huge thanks to Julia, Dave and Damien....watch this space!

The Hwange Birder


 

1 comment:

  1. I believe my father Tony was part of the birdlife crew

    ReplyDelete