Thursday 18 December 2014

Happy outcomes!

Like everyone else, I like a happy ending. Especially when I was involved!
This morning I was driving to work when I saw a small bird fly across the road and my relief at missing him was short lived when I heard him hit my tracking aerial that sticks up from the roof.
"dunggggggggg!". I saw the poor fellow drop onto the road behind me and so slammed on brakes and reversed to see what he WAS!.

As I picked him up and realised it was a Willow warbler he came alive in my hand. Obviously stunned, I put him in the car, and took him with me. At the office I set him up on the branch of a "Lucky bean" and left him to catch his breath. About and hour later I walked out, he saw me approaching and flew up into the canopy.
Alive and well!
Willow warbler catching his breath!


Here is the distribution map of the Willow warbler for your interest. Swiped from Wikipedia (with full credit to).
Willow warbler distribution and migration (thanks Wikipedia)

                                                                   The Hwange Birder

No comments:

Post a Comment