Monday 15 December 2014

Birthday ringing!

Today is my birthday....37 years old! can you believe it and I don't look a day over 25.
This morning started at 03:30 when I pre-empted my alarm and tried in vain to leave the bed without waking my beautiful wife. We have some visitors in Main camp, here for some bird ringing, and so it was well worth the early morning.

White-bellied Sunbird being photographed before it's release

A female Sunbird causes a brief ID crisis
It was a very successful first day of three and we caught perhaps 50 birds of eight or nine species. Several were recaptures that we had ringed in November 2013.... so that was interesting.

Now to end my day I am heading home  to enjoy another bird...this time its a chicken Poiki with a beer cold enought to burn the tips of the fingers where the Red-backed shrike "Bit me"!

                                                                        The Hwange Birder

No comments:

Post a Comment