Thursday 15 August 2013

All in a day's work!

Hwange really is a birder's dream. Just this morning I was heading home after 3 days camping in the far south-east of the park and having been busy tracking lions I thought I would at least get a few shots of birds on the way out.

Firstly...I bumped into this Sagittarius Serpentarius (Secretary bird) at ngamo.....I had the camera ready so was able to catch it in flight.
 
Next came a bird species I have not seen in the park before.....The Speckled pigeon. there were four of them in a dead tree near Ngamo pan.

 
And then, to top it off...I tracked down 10 lions on a kill and managed to get another one of those shots. Some months ago I set myself a challenge to get bird photos with lions in the frame at the same time....the going has been slower than I thought but here is another to add to my pile.

 
The Hwange Birder
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment