Wednesday 16 September 2015

Post Cecil-mania....back to birds!

A Martial eagle dominates a puddle in Hwange
 Well, for those of you that know me, you will realize that my absence from my birding blog has probably been due to the phenomenon now called "Cecil-mania". It has been a roller-coaster of interviews and emotions but it is finally settling down and I can start to catch up on those items and pastimes that have taken a back seat. Just in time mind you as the migrants are returning to Hwange.
I have seen YBKs already and watching out for the others.
An Orchestra of Trumpeters in my garden in Mabale communal lands
As we approach our driest park of the year we are seeing huge numbers of birds at our birdbaths and elsewhere in our rural garden in the mabale communal lands with the highlight being anything up to 50 trumpeter Hornbills in our pod-mahogany and Mukwa trees in the early hours!

Glad to be back.......
                                                          The Hwange Birder

No comments:

Post a Comment