Tuesday 17 February 2015

Colour!

Not that I believe in such things.....but I remember as a child my mother went to a fortune teller. She came back and told us that my twin brother would be rich and look after the whole family (we still wait with baited breath every lottery night!) and that I would have a career where I would look for colour in everything! That struck me because I have always valued my eyes more than any other organ!! (keep it clean!)
Three-banded plover and a painted snipe

A rainbow bursting!


I marvel at the colours in the bird world an remember that it is the females that are responsible for it.....so a big cheer to all those others that are looking for colour in their daily lives, oh and to my twin...I await your call!

                                                                 The Hwange Birder


No comments:

Post a Comment