Thursday 13 November 2014

Breakfast on the fly!

Hwange safari lodge is notorious for its Yellow-billed kites and their ability to take food off a tourists plate at break-neck speed. It is a shot that I have wanted for ages and so I set forth to the pool to try my luck without looking like the paparazzi!.

Whenever there is a large group at the hotel you know that they will serve a buffet breakfast and so I set myself up on one side and try and predict which victim is next. The staff are very good and offer a plate to put over the top of your breakfast as you walk to your table but some people try and run the gauntlet without one. You need to be quick with the camera I tell you!

Kite hits but misses his breakfast!


This one is coming in with eyes on the bacon....
Whoosh......gone!

The good thing about a buffet is you are allowed to go back for more! No questions asked!

                                                                      The Hwange Birder

No comments:

Post a Comment