Monday 19 November 2012

North v South

I wrote the other day that I had seen and photographed what I thought was a Northern Grey-headed Sparrow in Hwange. Well with a little research and some help from some experts we have decided that indeed it is a Northern as opposed to a Southern! There is one record of a Northern having been seen at the Hwange airport some time ago.

Well I was in that area again and whilst sitting having lunch a pair of Northern grey headed sparrows arrived and drank and I photographed them and then not 5 minutes later a Southern Grey headed sparrow came to drink too. With my fixed focal length lens the images are the same size and so I thought to show both here as a comparison between the two species



                                                       The Hwange Birder

No comments:

Post a Comment